Thursday, May 14, 2009

take a trip and multiply

Usually when I get around to updating this thing called Blog, it's after I've already shared my where/whenabouts with family and friends-- just now, I realized that I actually haven't talked to anyone at home in a few weeks so an update might remind you that I'm alive. I'm alive! Chupi!

(Looong sidenote: the other week on Postsecret.com, I read a postcard where the anonymous author admitted that when they taught English at a school in China, s/he taught the students outdated American expressions like 'bees knees!' and 'outta sight!' I am convinced that my delightful Spanish teacher Monica is doing this to my class, because every time I try out one of her sure-shot phrases on a Spaniard, they just laugh at me. 'Chupi!' is the latest in this string of mentiras.)

So the last couple of weeks have been a travel/love/music frenzy (and them's the kind of frenzies I like!). First the pisomates and I island-hopped to Ibiza, an island that according to Ryan is where "all da flyest celebz get theyz spring breaky on." At least I'm pretty sure that's what he said. Although hedonistic clubbing season in Ibiza doesn't officially start until June, we still had a pretty magical time, hanging out around the pool and beach, FINALLY actually swimming in the Mediterranean, and taking in the more relaxed nightlife.

Three days after getting back from Ibiza, I headed to Paris, where I met up with Lucy and Sara. Lucy and I visited Paris last year for spring break, so we didn't feel like we had to squeeze a lot of sightseeing in the short visit. Instead, we celebrated France the only way know how, which was to visit a big American festival (read about it here) where we ate hot dogs, saw a gospel concert, and watched some poor Frenchies get completely owned by a mechanical bull, among other things. Don't worry about my brain-- we also saw a David Lachapelle photo show that was really interesting and visited the Picasso museum. OOH ooh, and we learned how to make crepes. An interesting thing that I realized during the trip is that, although being in Barcelona this semester has made me think that I don't really want to live anywhere but the good old US of A, being in Paris is different for me. I still think it's more likely that I'll set up shop in New York or San Fran after school (recession pending), but if I end up with some adventurous guy or gal who eggs me on enough, I'll probably book a ticket back to Paris pretty quickly. This is after I make my millions, of course, and can afford a posh flat overlooking the Seine.

So that brings me to the present, back in Barcelona for one final week. I have some righteous (weren't expecting that word, were you?) plans for these last days, but I'm not feeling sad about leaving-- not yet, at least. For one thing, I still have My Euro Backpack Adventure waiting for me on the other side of next Saturday. So far, my only accomplishment in planning MEBA is buying a one-way ticket to Greece, but DON'T WORRY. I am really good at making lovers/friends (joke) and have faith that I will find a Grecian man who needs a nice young girl for keeping a clean house and making crepes (also a joke-- these really aren't funny, are they?).

So I still need to figure out exactly where I'm going, how I'm getting there, what I'm seeing, whatnot whatnot. But aside from that, I'm also more excited than I've ever been to get back to Omaha. Although I am yet jobless, I have wonderful family and friends who I'm missing like crazy, a few shows lined up and a demo coming out. That, and I'm ITCHING to get thee to a piano-ery and a gym. My fingers and thighs are ITCHING. Metaphorically.

And that about it. Might light your wrist.

I will probably write again before I leave Barcelona.
Love,
Tara

Cripes! PS's galore:

1. I never mentioned that in St. Peter's Basilica in Vatican City, Lucy and I bumped into Zach Lubeck, the SAME friend from high school who I 'bumped' into at Parc Guell in Barcelona. He didn't seem surprised in the slightest when I forcefully whispered his name across that large, echoey basilica. It is probable that he is following me.

2. I have been writing more songs in the last two weeks than I ever have in my entire life. They are just as mediocre-quality as the songs I already write, but now there are a THOUSAND!

3. Hello. I love you. Also, I just reread my last post and realized I type as I talk, which is like a sailor, and I want to stop that. No more gratuitous swearing. I'm a classy broad abroad!

4. My roommates are making fun of me for this blog. It is high time I join them in their reindeer games, so that's all for now!

xxxPIXxxx over 18! Holland.
gals in ibiza: l-r jess, emily, carina

Suki and I enjoying a roommates' sunset in Ibiza

if you think THIS is good, you should see our low 5
some crazyyy shit happened on this bridge, man. we stayed up like way past midnight.

picnic 'neath the tower of dreams
imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, arch. remember that.
i spied a daymers.

No comments:

Post a Comment